Thursday, December 30, 2010

And The Loathing Continues

I woke up in the middle of the night due to the pain in my arm from the shot. Unfortunately, once I am up, I am up. So I wondered around the house for a bit, worked on the puzzle my brother bought AJ, and surfed the web. When I happen to walk past a mirror, I was in for a bit of a surprise. My left eye was nearly swollen shut. Nice.

I called the health clinic at the school in the morning to let them know of my reaction. They wanted me to drive out there so they could check me out, but I talked them into letting me go to a doctor down the road instead of having to drive across town. He put me on steroids. Not only is my eye swollen, but my arm is red, painful and there is a huge knot in it.

The school has decided that I don't need the other shot after all. Since my blood test showed some immunity, they figure I am good. Something about them being afraid I will have an even worse reaction next time and stop breathing or something. I am sure that would not happen. I can breath just fine. I just can barely see out of one eye. That is completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment