Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cookie Exchange

The cookie exchange was a lot of fun. For those of you who have never been to one, basically each person brings a specified amount of one type of cookie. At the end, each guest collects and takes home cookies from all the other guests. It is a great way to get a variety of cookies without doing a lot of baking. Not that I'm promoting laziness. . . Ok, maybe I am.

Although the cookie exchange was fun I had apparently lost my baking mojo before the event. It took me 3 tries before I found a recipe that actually worked. But I finally went with Peppermint Twist Kisses. They were easy and looked festive.





Check out the spread! Everything was so pretty and delicious.



















As you can see, we had a party crasher towards the end. The kid was in heaven. Cookies as far as the eye can see and hugs from one of his best buds, he was one happy camper.

I am so lucky to live by such a nice group of women. They were all a lot of fun. I got the impression that the party was a bit mellow. But I found out later that that was only because I was sitting on the wrong side of the room. I guess that conversation got quite colorful. I am sorry I missed it.

I am already looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment