Thursday, July 2, 2009

Houston, We Have a Problem




I love this picture. Unfortunately, it documents the seconds before AJ became really, really sad.

We had some friends over the other day and the three boys that came to visit all had remote control planes. AJ thought they were the coolest thing ever. We were at Target yesterday and they happened to be on clearance. So, I got him one. He charged it all night so that he could play with it today.

We went to the park behind our house to try it out. I didn't want him to play with it in our backyard, because I figured it would end up on someone's roof. It started well. He got the plane up and running and it worked like a charm. Right up until it flew into a neighbor's house and ended up in the back yard. Or so we thought. I had AJ ring the doorbell and ask the woman if his plane was in the back yard. She went to look, came back shortly with a "no, and it's hot" and shut the door. We walked around the block so that we could walk behind the house to take a look ourselves. And we did see the plane. It was on top of her roof.

AJ was pretty upset, which was understandable since he had played with his new plane for all of 40 seconds.

Not sure what the lesson is here. But it's probably that S*** happens. And it is a hard lesson to learn.

4 comments:

  1. wait- he couldn't just fly it off her roof? that stinks. any chance Dad can show up with a ladder and a big smile and get it back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of that. But this plane was impossible to steer. Something we didn't know when we bought it.

    I may ask Shawn to go over there with a ladder or have him try to get it down using the remote control himeself. He does have a nice smile. LOL But, the plane is on the very top of the roof and in a really tricky place. Shawn HATES heights and I am not sure I want him falling off a roof for a toy plane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, you make good points. it just stinks for AJ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great shot. Definitely one for the frame! Plus I love the setting. You'll have to let me know where you took this!

    ReplyDelete