Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hilton Head-Thursday

Thursday was Alligator Day. There was a presentation about alligators given at the local nature center. The man that spoke was very funny and made the presentation really interesting, informative and kid friendly.

The big part of the day was getting your picture taken with the alligator. Here is AJ and the alligator.

That night, Shawn and I went to dinner at Red Fish with Karen, Dan, Mark and Amy. We had a great time and we all hit it off. I think we were all a little surprised that we could have fun with people we hadn't seen in almost 15 years. But we did. In fact Mark ended up laughing so hard, he was crying. We have witnesses.

If you are ever in Hilton Head, go to Red Fish. For appetizers we had the lettuce wraps, calamari and spring roles. The calamari sauce was so good that if I would had been with people I had known better, I may have licked the bowl. It was that good. For dinner, I had the vegetable strudel and it was the best meal I have had in a year. Seriously. Shawn had the special which was the grouper over pasta with a pesto sauce. And he thought it was good as well.

Those of you who know us, may now be counting your canned goods, because obviously the world is coming to an end if I ordered a vegetable dish and Shawn ordered fish. But, I assure you it is not. Remember, it was a strudel. The phyllo dough and cheese more than made up for any nutritional value the vegetables may have had. And as for Shawn, he felt that since he was actually eating on an island, now would be the time to order fish.

All in all, it was a fun time. But maybe we could do it sooner than 14 years next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment