Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hilton Head- Wednesday

Wednesday we met my Dad's family at the other end of the island for a little beach time. It was really fun for me, because I had not seen any of them since my wedding 14 years ago. It was a big group: Aunt Caroline, Uncle Mac, Mark and Amy, Karen and Dan and all of their kids. With my kids, there were 7 grandkids total.


We got invited back to the house for lunch, where we had burgers and hot dogs. The house they were renting was beautiful, and I wish I had taken pictures of the inside. But, Charlie was determined to explore and I had no time to grab my camera.

After the beach we decided to go to the farmer's market and the small artist's shops around the market. I found two prints, so I was a happy camper.

At the market, Mom decided to get some fresh eggs. This is AJ talking to the hen that laid our eggs.

Later that day, my mom got out the band instruments and she and Charlie made some music. He loved the bells, tambourine and cymbals.

Frogs lived in the lagoon right out the back of the house. They would sing and then stop in perfect unison. It was a bit unnerving, actually. AJ caught a frog on his first frog finding mission and it soon became a nightly activity.

No day would be complete without some time in the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment