Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hilton Head-Friday

Mom and I decided that we needed to leave the boys at home and do some shopping on our own. Not that saying "Don't touch that!!" and "No, you can't buy anything" 15 times an hour isn't fun.

We decided to hit some of the local interior design places. I totally scored at the first place. Mom had taken me there in the past and I always manage to find something I love. The big find this trip were Christmas ornaments that are wire globes decorated with clear crystals for 75% off. I have a small tree that I decorate with all white lights, and I use only silver and clear glass ornaments. It is my homage to femininity in the sea of testosterone in which I live. The globes are rather large (think softball) so they may be too big for the tree. But I may be able to string them on garland or something else equally pretty.

We also went to the French Cafe, another shop we seem to hit every time I go. Not only do they have amazing food, but they have a collection of table clothes that are beautiful. Mom gave me an early Christmas present by treating me to a table cloth for my kitchen table. The best feature of these table clothes are that you can wipe them down after the meal. I am at a stage in my life where wipe-ability is disturbingly important to me.

We went to Christine's for lunch. Yum. They have homemade potato chips. Need I say more?

We headed home after lunch so Shawn, AJ and Dad could do another golf round. We are nothing if not givers.

No comments:

Post a Comment