Saturday, January 8, 2011

Zucchini and Pine Nuts

In an attempt to eat more vegetables, I bought a zucchini the other day. This is big news, since as a general rule I hate vegetables. But i actually made something that I liked. In fact, I liked it so much I had it two nights in a row. I made this up as I went along so no cookbooks were harmed in the making of this side dish. (It may be an actual recipe, but how would I know? I don't eat vegetables. )

Zucchini, roughly diced
Olive oil
Garlic, about a tablespoon, minced
Parmesan cheese
Pine nuts

Throw the diced zucchini in a skillet with olive oil and garlic. Saute until the zucchini is browned. Add a few handfuls of pine nuts and cook until those are slightly browned as well. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and serve right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment