Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Soccer

First, I need to be completely forthcoming and tell you that we recently bought a minivan. This morning, I was driving with my two kids, to a soccer game, in my minivan, with my hair in a messy ponytail and wearing yoga pants. Ok, I feel better now. I think if you are going to be a stereotype, you need to own it.

Now that I got that off my chest, here are some pictures from the game.



Here is AJ about to score 1 of the 3 goals for his team:



It is important that your biggest fan stays hydrated for cheering purposes.



And out of the sun.



We got to about 5 minutes to the end of our 45 minute ride to get there and AJ realized he had forgotten his bag with his cleats in it. My plan was to make him sit and watch the game anyway. But when we got there, the other coach had a bag full of cleats that a former player had donated to their church. AJ was able to find some that fit, which was great but foiled my "I hope you learned your lesson" plan.

The former player was a girl, but AJ was able to find some cleats that were unisex. Another player on the team could only find one of his cleats, so he borrowed from the bag as well. He was not so lucky.



Actually, the funniest part of the whole cleat exchange was that the other coach jokingly asked AJ if he was a good player because he didn't want to help out the enemy. I am sure you can guess who scored the first goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment