Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another Trip To The ER

My friend Kelly tells me they have named a wing of their local hospital for her son, due to the huge financial contribution their family has made throughout the years. I am thinking we are heading towards that same dubious honor.

I was on my way home when I got a message from Shawn that he and AJ were at the ER. AJ had fallen off his bike and his leg may be broken. I met them at the ER. AJ was pretty upset and seemed to be in a lot of pain. He hadn't gone to radiology yet. I had to leave to pick up Charlie before he was able to be seen. But Shawn called about an hour later with the report AJ had badly bruised his leg, but nothing was broken. Nonetheless the poor kid is on crutches. The hospital had given him some pretty heavy pain meds and he was giggling like a loon soon after he got home. At least he is a happy drunk.

He seems to be taking it in stride and is not milking it nearly as bad as I thought he would be. Although he did comment after dinner that he couldn't possibly take his plate to the sink while on crutches.

School today went pretty well but with Murphy's Law and all, they did end up having a fire drill. He is pretty tired after using the crutches all day. He has started just hopping around the house and skipping the crutches all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment