Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Day Of Rotation

I started my first rotation today. As I mentioned I am doing 7th grade science. Today the kids were learning about niches in ecosystems. Soon, they will be studying ladybugs. So one of my jobs today was to create a habitat for the ladybugs in large jars. We used soil, and my teacher and I went outside to gather sticks, rocks and branches to add to the jars. We had a hard time getting the branches. There were none on our rather short trees that we could easily reach. So, we ended up picking the few that we could find up off the ground. But as we were heading back to the classroom, we passed an entire bucket of recently pruned branches. Hmm. Maybe that was why we couldn't reach anything.

It went as well as could be expected. They are 7th-graders. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment