Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bordering On The Ridiculous

After the Christmas tree came down, I decided I wanted to have a large plant in that corner. I didn't want a real one because we are renting and I didn't want to deal with dirt, water and any possible cat issues. So I got a fake tree. (Or, as we say in the design business, "faux botanical". I know, we need to get over ourselves. )

I tried to get as nice a one as the budget would allow. And it does not look too bad. The color is good, the trunk looks realistic, etc. Here is a picture:





And here is the picture not cropped:



Please notice the insanely small pot that came with this 4ft tree. I have coffee cans larger. On the plus side, this is an excellent example of proportion and what not to do. So for the free design lesson, you are welcome.

Now I need to go find a larger pot, and somehow get the tree a bit higher. And I need to do it now. The whole thing is making me twitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment