Monday, May 31, 2010

Pool!!!

I took AJ and Charlie to the town pool the other day in an effort to start getting Charlie comfortable with the water. I went there because the pool is a lot more kid friendly and heated. It did not go well. Charlie wanted no part of the water and spent most of the time sitting on the side or giving me a string of small heart attacks as he walked too close to the edge.

Today, AJ had his BFF over so I decided to see if Charlie wanted to go in the pool too. And to be honest, I was surprised when he said yes. For about 1/2 hour he merely sat on the edge. But then he got brave and used the fish inner tube I got him.




After we did that for a while, he got on the step and sort of leaned into me in the water. And I pulled him around by the hands. I even held him while we both went underwater. He didn't want to do it a second time, but he didn't cry either. He also created a game where he threw is nuk and then "swam" over to get it.



I was just amazed at what a difference a few days has made. Charlie went form being a kid that was afraid of the water to the kid I had to bribe to get out. And the only reason I made him get out was that he was shivering and his lips were blue.


I am glad he seems to be taking to the water. Like drinking coffee and golf, life just seems so much easier if you like it.

1 comment: