Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Update

Not much going on here. I just thought I would post something so that you all knew we were alive and well, out here in the desert.

Mother's Day was nice. Nice and calm. No puking. No ambulance rides. It was actually kind of boring. I did get homemade waffles with whipped cream and fruit made by Shawn. He followed a recipe and everything. It was very sweet. And I also got PF Changs for dinner. Yummmm.

AJ made me a cute coupon book full of chores he will do. He makes one for me every year. I have never cashed any of the coupons in. I think he is onto me and that is why he makes them. I may wait until he is 20, show up at his frat house with 12 years of coupon books in hand, and demand he fulfill his obligations. I crack myself up.

The iPod that I won from the writing contest came in the mail yesterday. It is actually much cooler than the one I have now. Except the one I have now was given to me by Shawn and is inscribed on the back. That is what I get for marrying an engineer- engraved electronics.

But the great thing was that the iPod also came with speakers. I can plug my iPod into and it will play my playlist like a regular radio. Very cool.

The school year is winding down. I get asked daily if I will do the job again next year. I had a pretty horrible day today, so I am glad the principal did not ask me today. Because the answer would have been a big fat "NO!". But most days I do like it. It really is a fun job. And there are the moments like I had today, where I overheard one student say to another "You can't fail art. There is no right or wrong way to do it." And I realize they ARE listening. And then I think I may stay on another week.

2 comments:

  1. I got coupon books too this year. I have already cashed in a few. I used to give them to my mom and she never cashed them either- it used to make me feel like she didn't really like them. My kids were pressuring me to use mine- so I made Jess go get the mail. Then Justin started putting all these restrictions on his "um mine don't work on Tuesdays". But today he asked if I was going to use the coupon and make him zip his own coat (he has this rule that I have to do it at home and he does it elsewhere) so I did! Any mother's day without vomit is a good one in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The part where you plan on bringing your 12 coupon books to AJ when he is 20 and in the frat house was totally hilarious. I will pay you $50 bucks to do that and I wanna come with when you do it. I'll bring my camcorder.

    ReplyDelete