Wednesday, May 5, 2010

VOTE NOW !!!!!!! (please)

On a whim last month I entered a writing contest at BedtimeTheater.com. There was an audio story about a boy with a magic bed who had grand adventures. The assignment was to add another chapter onto the story. So, I listened to the entire thing and then wrote my own very short (I think the limit was 150 words or less) chapter. However, I did try to incorporate some components of the other chapters into mine. I am all about the flow.

Well, I got to the finals. I also won a iPod Nano! Yeah me! But the grand prize winner gets $2,500!!!! And although I am grateful for the Nano, I am married to a Mac addict. That means we have more iPods then most people have drink coasters. I wish I was kidding. And the truly sad thing is I still don't know how to load mine. But don't tell Shawn. I think if he found out he was married to a woman who was almost 40 and still didn't know how to download music, he might divorce said woman. Again, I wish I was kidding.

The contest lasts until May 14th. And the person that can drum up the most votes, wins the grand prize. And yes, I realize that the grand prize winner is not selected solely on merit. And I do realize that it is all about how many people I can talk into voting for me. But, it was a national contest so it was very cool to get picked as a finalist regardless. (I almost used the non-word irregardless right there, just to throw Shawn into another tizzy. But I digress. So many buttons, so little time. . . )

Ok, enough brow beating. Please vote for Iggy and The Bike Bell. You may vote once a day, so keep the votes coming. I appreciate it, and so does Charlie's Wooster fund.

2 comments:

  1. dude! you forgot to add the link in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just added it, thanks. I thought that when I wrote the BedtimeTheater.com link it would activate. Guess not.

    ReplyDelete