Friday, May 14, 2010

Tap Tap Tap. . . Is This Thing On?

I am doing a school-wide project making kites. Every kid in the school is making one. There are over 700 kids in the school and about 25 classes. I was in a classroom the other day doing the lesson. Keep in mind, this particular class would be the second to last class in the school to make them, and they had created quite the stir. Most classes cheered when I walked into the class with the kite-making materials.

I get to the front of the room and start my lesson. Below is the synopsis of the lesson:

Me: Today we are making kites.

Blah Blah Blah kites Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah kite. Blah Blah Blah your kite. Blah Blah Blah kites Blah. Blah Blah Blah Blah kite. Blah Blah Blah.
Blah Blah kites Blah Blah Blah your kite .

I then ask the students to bring up their decorated kites so I can attach the string and handle. I ask the class at the end if there is anyone who has not gotten their string and their handle. I look around the room and see one student happily coloring her kite with no string or handle attached.

Me: Can you please bring up your kite so I can attach the string and handle?
Student: What kite?

1 comment:

  1. That's funny. I like the part where they cheered when you walk in with kite making materials. That's what I love about kids: it's the simple things in life that make them so happy.

    ReplyDelete