Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ahhh, Parenthood

This has been an interesting day.

We had many things planned, some mundane, some fun. But basically, while Shawn and AJ were at the soccer games, Charlie and I were going to do some errands to prepare for the two birthday parties we were going to this afternoon.

Charlie and I head off to Target to get the two required birthday gifts, some fabric softner so I can finish the laundry, and stuff for lunch. It seemed like such a simple plan. But when I went around to get Charlie out of the car, I was met with what can only be described as a "Charlie shaped puke fountain". So, I try to clean him up as best I can. I strip him down and wipe him off. And then get back in the car to go back home to hose him, the car seat and myself off.

I get him in the bath, then dressed and then down for the obviously much needed nap. I am at the computer when Shawn walks in and starts the conversation with " Now, don't freak out". He continues the conversation with: "AJ was hurt at soccer. He is ok, but he is being taken by ambulance to the hospital to be checked out because he hurt his head. "

AJ apparently got plowed over by another, larger, kid during the game and fell back and hit the back of his head on the ground really hard. He never lost consciousness or anything. But because it was his head, when it was suggested an ambulance be called, Shawn agreed. Poor AJ was strapped to a backboard, complete with neck collar.

After a few x-rays, it was determined that he was just fine. I guess being hard headed has its advantages.

But, I have to say I was very touched by all the well wishes on FB, and the concern of the parents there at the field. All the pacing and hand wringing on our behalf was appreciated.

As I write this, both kids are back to their normal selves. Another day, another bullet dodged.

No comments:

Post a Comment