Thursday, June 3, 2010

Love Language

Anyone read that book? I am not sure I even have the right title, since I have not read it myself. But I have friends that swear by it. Basically the premise is that each person has their own "love language" that they speak, and their own "love language" that they hear.

When we think of showing love in grand ways, we often think of flowers and love letters or slaying dragons and building monuments. But in the real world, showing love can simply be going to a job you hate everyday so that your family can eat and have a roof over their head. Or it can mean making cookies from scratch and keeping everyone in clean clothes.

Shawn works really really hard. He is in his office 10-12 hours a day. He is constantly complaining about his back because his chair is the cheapo Office Max special. When you spend the majority of your day on one piece of furniture, you should probably spend more than $50. Just sayin'.

So, as a surprise, I bought Shawn a really nice chair for his office. It can be adjusted in all sorts of different ways and tailored to each individual body. I read one of the reviews that told of an entire office that had these chairs. Each chair was adjusted so specifically, the employees ended up writing their names on the bottoms, so they wouldn't get mixed up.

I guess the moral of the story is that when you are married to an engineer, you are shown love by receiving engraved electronics. When you are married to an interior designer, you are shown love by receiving a Herman Miller chair.


No comments:

Post a Comment