Saturday, February 7, 2009

Birthday Boy

 
We had Charlie's birthday party today with a bunch of our friends from the neighborhood. The plan was to have some pizza, cake and games at the local park. Keep it simple. I had  been telling my friends I was having a low-key party.  No fuss. I wasn't baking, cooking, cleaning or crafting a darn thing. We would have the party at the park, bring some outdoor games and the party would practically run itself.  It would be the most stress-free kid's party in the history of humankind. 

Well, last night on the news, the weatherman said it was going to rain all day. So after much deliberation, (read: a complete freak-out on my part and Shawn talking me off the ledge) Shawn and I decided to move the party to our house.  

We ended up having a lot of fun. The kids ran wild, played outside, upstairs and around our feet. The funniest part of the whole thing was when two friends whose husbands are both pilots each gave Charlie a toy plane. The exact  same one. We all immediately looked at my third friend who's husband was also a pilot. She laughed and said she got him a drum. I thought she was kidding. She wasn't. I would write more about what a great person she is/was but she is dead to me. 

We had a great time and are now just sitting around relaxing. Well, Shawn and I are sitting around relaxing. AJ is at the park. It never did rain. 






No comments:

Post a Comment