Sunday, February 1, 2009

Anyone remember sticker albums?

The big thing when I was a kid was to have a sticker album. I spent hours buying, sorting, trading and looking at my collection. There were puffy ones, sparkley ones, fuzzy ones and even smelly ones. If I remember correctly, the most prized stickers were ones that had anything to do with unicorns. Good times.

I think every kid likes to collect something. And AJ loves to collect cards. First they were Pokemon cards and now they are football cards. We bought him sleeves and a binder yesterday and he has spent hours organizing his collection. (Thanks to my friend Theresa who gave me the idea. )


Although I am glad he has something to collect, I didn't realize quite how much useless information would be gathered about teams I don't care about. He has "wowed" me with stats about running and passing and trades. I try to look interested, but my acting abilities are really not that good. But, I guess it will be good practice for later when he tells me about his golf game in excruciating detail. 

And before any collectors out there start telling me the value of the cards, let me tell you I KNOW the value of these cards. First, they are keeping an 8 year old busy- a herculean task if there ever was one.

But secondly, it is their future value that I am really excited about.  I am going to save every single one of them. And then when AJ is grown and moved away I will sell them on Ebay so that I can get the corner room at the rest home.

3 comments:

  1. Jessica just picked up a World's Record Book at the book- I get quizzed daily- oh joy- feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it the one with the green cover? AJ has that one. It goes with him everywhere. I should pay more attention, maybe I could get on Jeopardy one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents were cleaning out their ouse before tey put it on the market and they found my old sticker album! I had completely forgotten about it but it was cool to see it after all these years. By the way Aimee collected rocks. She would come ome with er back pack at least 10 pounds heavier every day from kindergarten! She still as almost all of her rocks. I was not allowed to through them out before we moved.

    ReplyDelete