Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Last Hurrah Lunch 2009

Last year, I started a tradition of having lunch with my friends who had school-age kids a few days before school let out. For many of them, it is the last time they will have any type of child care until August, when school is back in session. 

We had so much fun, I couldn't wait until this year's lunch.

When I told my friend Theresa that I was planning the lunch again, she said to make sure to have it inside. (This was an AZ joke. It is already over 100 degrees here.) I told her that if we had it inside, there wouldn't be room to swing the pinata stick. This piqued her interest. She asked what was going to be in the pinata and I told her that it was a toss up between Prozac or booze. And from there, the conversation just went down hill. 

But what did come out of it were these gift bags that we put together for everyone:

They included the following:

1) A package of Milano cookies for a chocolate fix
2) A pill bottle with mini M&Ms with a Rx label that said " Take two and call a girlfriend immediately. Refill on Request"
3) earplugs
4) A Twix bar in case you "need a moment"
5) Lifesavers
6) Stress reducing lotion
7) A single serving bottle of red wine

Now that we all have our survival packs, we should be good to go. Bring it on. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment