Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Graduation Celebration

Last night I was talking on the phone, minding my own business, when 3 of my friends walked into the kitchen. I was a little surprised. And then I became VERY surprised when they informed me that they were kidnapping me and taking me out to celebrate my graduation. 

Some weird things had been happening all week. My friend Corri called and asked for Shawn's cell number "for her husband". Then my  friend Mary called the home phone, supposedly to ask about Charlie. (I hadn't answered, I asked Shawn later who it had been.) In the time we have been friends she has always called my cell. I honestly wasn't sure she even *had* my home phone number. 

But I think my biggest clue came right before all my friends showed up. Shawn had told me that he and AJ had special dinner plans for me. That, in itself, is not strange. Shawn and AJ are always doing sweet things for me. But when Shawn said the equivalent of "You're not wearing THAT are you?" I should have become suspect. 

We went to the local Italian restaurant where more friends were laying in wait. We had some wine, dinner, cupcakes and some more wine.  I even got a balloon! It was so much fun and I was totally taken off guard. I feel very lucky to have such great friends.

1 comment: