Saturday, May 23, 2009

Championship Game (The Soccer Edition)

Once again, AJ's team found themselves playing for the championship. I personally thought that the coaching was outstanding this season. And I am not just saying that because Shawn was the coach. Ok, maybe I am. But I have to live with the guy. 

I didn't actually get to go to the game because I was home with a sleepy, crabby toddler. But I sent the camera with the boys and another parent took pictures for me. 

They did lose, but the word on the street is that they played a better game. They were a skilled, cohesive team that played like they had a plan. I am guessing that there are some kids on this team that I will be watching for the next 10 years. And it will be a joy. They are all good sports. And, even at this young age, they are keeping things in perspective. And so are the parents. 

Some of you may notice that AJ is not wearing a team shirt. That is because someone burned (read: melted) a hole in his shirt trying to iron on patches. 



No comments:

Post a Comment