Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Learning Curve

A friend of AJ's has been staying with us since Sunday while her parents are on a trip. She is one of the nicest kids we know, and she is fun to have around. AJ loves having a playmate 24/7 and I love having some non-feline estrogen in the house. (Our girl cat doesn't even acknowledge my existence for crying out loud!)

The first morning she was here I had a bit of a panic. AJ had come downstairs dressed, eaten breakfast, brushed his teeth and was watching cartoons before his friend had even made an appearance. I got a little worried and went to knock on the door. The reason for the delay? She was doing her hair. What? I don't know much about hair.  AJ barely has any, and my own hair has baffled me for 38 years. Thank God she didn't ask me to help her! (Shiver)

One thing I am discovering is how *different* 9 year old girls are from 9 year old boys. Girls match their outfits and care about personal hygiene without being told to. (Read: threatened with death)  Boys don't. Girls can sit quietly and do an art project. Boys will take anything that is not nailed down and use it to build a race track, obstacle course or test its aerodynamics. 

Oh, yeah. And there is a lot of pink. Lots and lots of pink. 



No comments:

Post a Comment