Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Birthday AJ !!!!!!



Nine years ago today, AJ came into the world. He was a week early. I was actually ok with that because his due date was April 1st. I had stayed up to watch the Oscars and then had gone to bed. Two hours later my water broke in the middle of the night and we were off and running.

It was a long day. My labor started at 1 AM in the morning, but he didn't make an appearance until 6 PM that night. Oh yeah, and I was **convinced** he was a girl. Really, really convinced. 

I remember when they handed him to me I had a distinct thought along the lines of "This was not what I had ordered". But he looked up at me and I realized our family had begun. 

I remember wondering what this little squirmy bundle of big eyes, tiny toes and grasping hands was going to be like. And now I know. He looks like me, but he is his father's son through and through. He is confident and cocky. He is protective and nurturing. He is smart and stubborn. And he is sensitive yet a complete smart ass. And I am so glad he is mine.




1 comment: