Monday, June 25, 2012

Birthday Trip To Sedona


This past weekend we went up to Sedona to celebrate my birthday. The worst part about turning 41 is that I am no longer 40, but rather "in my forties".  Blah. 

I wish I could recommend our hotel, but it was kind of yucky. It was called the Paco Diablo. Although there were parts of it that were beautiful, it was a bit rundown and needed some major overhauling. 

Sedona itself was very pretty. My favorite part was the little shopping/gallery/restaurant area. It was beautiful. There were a lot of cute shops and they even had an acting troupe doing Shakespeare.  The second day someone was having a wedding. 














We went to a brewery the first night and they had this cool copper vat.


 On Saturday, we drove through Jerome to to go get AJ at camp in Prescott.  Jerome is a very tiny town situated at the top of a very steep mountain.

The main street in Jerome.



The view from Jerome.



On the way up, we were behind this cyclist. He was insane. Not only was the climb very steep, but the constant switchbacks made visibility really poor. I was glad he was at least wearing a helmet.



 I texted this picture to Jeff and told him that for his birthday I climbed this mountain and made this "J" out of rocks. He texted back that he had invaded a small country and had renamed it "Heatherland". I told him to stop showing off and thanked him for getting my phone tapped.




We stopped at this cute fruit stand on the side of the road in Sedona. They had delicious produce. You can't tell from the picture, but behind the sunflowers are stairs that go down the hill. The woman who ran the stand had to go down there to get the pressed cider. We think that was where her house was too.


Some pictures of the famous red rocks.












No comments:

Post a Comment