Sunday, December 11, 2011

ITeach Celebration

The theme for the night was The Oscars. The auditorium was decorated with stars and even our very own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. There was even a red carpet. It was very cute. We each got an award and a nameplate for our desk at the ceremony. My classmates and I were responsible for coming up with some type of presentation to sum up our experience. We used "Oh The Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss as a template and each person made up his or her own stanza.

These are my classmates from the last year. We had our moments, but there were many times I wondered if we were all going to end up in some type of support group together. They came from all walks of life and I am so glad I got to know them.








This is a picture of me with my mentor, Kelly and Lauren, who worked in the classroom next door. They are a big part of why I looked forward to going every day.



It was a fun night.

Shawn made a gift basket for me to celebrate. It had flowers, apples (because I am a teacher) chocolate and wine. He chose the wine based on the labels. One was called Liberty School, and the other had a picture of a duck followed by ducklings. It was too cute.

I am so glad I did the program and I am so glad it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment