Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011 was very low-key, but very nice.

We started the celebrations off at Shawn's mom's house for Christmas Eve. AJ had made a book of poems at school and gave them to Shawn's grandfather. They were a huge hit.

Our actual Christmas day was very quiet, as it was just the four of us. AJ was thrilled to get his own set of actual tools and a woodworking book. In an effort to win the College of Wooster vs The University of Minnesota battle, I got AJ a sweatshirt, shirt and a hat. The hat was actually an alumni hat. I said on the card that he might as well get use to the idea.

Charlie got a bike from Santa, which he has no interest in. He was however very excited to get a bunch of matchbox cars. What can I say? The kid is a cheap date.

I also made cinnamon rolls for the neighbors. I will probably be doing another batch on Friday. I gave all but one pan away, and that did not go over well with my almost teenage (read: eating us out of house and home) son.








No comments:

Post a Comment