Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Charlie's Note Of The Day

Everyday, Charlie comes home from school with a paper that tells us what he has done that day. The school he goes to makes a concerted effort to make sure the kids get exposed to all the basic stuff they will need to know as human beings. For example, there is a section for gross motor skills, life skills, language, science, and music. And in the summers they do a whole international program where they pick a country each week, and the kids learn about the culture, language, games and food of that particular country.

And I am always interested in what he has been doing that day. But the best part of the report is at the very bottom where the his teacher writes a short comment or story about something he has done or said. So, to sooth my guilt about putting these papers in the recycling everyday, I am going to start recording the cute or funny ones. I am not a scrapbook person. And I know myself well enough that adding it to the blog is the only way it will get recorded for all time. Besides, I make this blog into a book each year, so I am not a total loser mom. Right?

1 comment: