Monday, February 22, 2010

Stuffed Monkey Heads


AJ has to do a project about monkeys. The object is to create a game that will inform his classmates about monkeys. So, in the great Ohio tradition, he has created a monkey version of cornhole.

So we made our own monkey head shaped bean bags. I even used the sewing machine!!

Here is a view of the chaos:

Please notice the following:
  • Krazy glue
  • tweezer thingys so AJ wouldn't permanently attach his hand to the felt.
  • Charlie's bath funnels for filling the bean bags with pellets
  • the box for my sewing machine. Yes, I used it for the first time to make monkey heads


But, they came out kind of cute. We have a general rule that we don't really help AJ with school projects beyond the planning/life skills aspects of it. So, he did as much as he was able to himself. And since he wasn't touching my brand new, out of the box, sewing machine I did end up helping him with that part of it. It ended up not really mattering. Since I haven't sewn a darn thing in about 5 years, it looked like AJ did the sewing anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment