Monday, February 8, 2010

Charlie's Birthday Party

We had Charlie's birthday party at the park by out house. We ended up with about 10 families. It was a little chilly by AZ standards, but the kids stuffed themselves with pizza, scarfed down cupcakes and then ran around like banshees, so I considered it a complete success. We did have a few minutes of panic when we woke up to a huge rain storm in the middle of the night. We scrambled and cleaned the house just in case we had to change plans like last year. But, in the end, we got to the park early and just wiped off all the equipment and tables. I have party standards, but they are not high.

Here are some pictures:
Here is Charlie surveying the land- or maybe the presents.


Here he is with his first cupcake.


Multitasking- going down the slide while eating a cupcake. I have never been prouder.


This is Charlie opening the gift from my friend Deborah. She swore that despite the fact it was a bowl with fake fish, it was the coolest gift ever. She was right. You add water to the bowl, and watch the fish swim back and forth. We had to say "Goodnight" to the fish so I could turn the darn thing off.
Here Charlie is opening the gift from his former daycare teacher. I joked that she must obviously hate me because it is a sand/water table. Who does that to a fellow mother? I may never forgive her. Oh wait, I need sitter in a few weeks. Cancel that.

It was a fun day. There was a little work, a little worry, a big celebration and then we all took a nap and watched the Super Bowl. Just like the day he was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment