Sunday, September 16, 2012

Don't Believe Everything You See on T.V.

This is the type of shenanigans that occurs when you let your children watch The Pioneer Woman Cooks with you.  I really wish I could draw a Venn diagram here to compare and contrast the two cookie making experiences.  (If that last sentence doesn't prove I teach third grade, I don't know what will. ) 

Differences: 

Pioneer Woman
Her cookie making included a sunlit  kitchen with happy children and dough, that you know, that worked. The cookies were beautiful and sparkly with homemade icing, colored sugars and edible gems. 

Heather
My cookie making included two children that did not want help and then got mad when a finger fell off their hand. Also, I had no decorations in the pantry, so there was no decorating involved. 

Similarities:
Cookies*.

*The cookies were pretty good, though.






No comments:

Post a Comment