Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving



We had a great Thanksgiving yesterday. In order to fit everyone, we (meaning Shawn) had to disassemble the dining room table and reassemble it in the kitchen. By doing that we were able to sit 10 adults in the kitchen and the 11 kids, (the ones that could actually sit at a table), in the dining room on a large folding table.

As you can see this created a huge problem with the chandelier. I should have given a door prize for whoever hit their head on it the most. But then again, that was probably me and I live here.

One thing I love about my friends is that when it comes to holiday eating, there is no skimping. We had stuffing with sausage, scalloped potatoes with sausage, apple bread, pumpkin pie, brownies, yams with marshmallows, mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, green bean casserole, homemade rolls and wassail. It was all so good.

The turkey was ok. It was a little dry for me. I roasted it 20 minutes per pound like you are suppose to. But checked it at the 4 hour mark and the meat thermometer said it was already done. The problem was that my guests weren't suppose to come for another 2 hours! And even then we really didn't get things rolling until an hour after that. Fortunately for me, my friend knows how to make gravy and saved the day.

It was a really fun day. And I am thankful I have such good friends to share the day with. But more importantly, I am thankful I have such good friends to share the day with who can cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment