Saturday, November 7, 2009

Something I Never Thought I Would See



AJ is a baseball uniform. Allow me to explain.

Today we had our community garage sale. So Shawn and I were up at 5:30, dragging things into the driveway for the sale. I then manned the sale while AJ and Shawn went to the soccer playoffs. We had a busy day planned.

The boys got home (They lost their first game, so they did not move on.), and Shawn mentions that AJ is now signed up for baseball. What? We hate baseball. It is in our family bylaws. We don't watch it. We don't talk about it. We know nothing about it. I would rather watch golf, and that is saying something. We have managed to steer clear of t-ball, little league and anything else baseball related for the bast 9 1/2 years.

I guess it was bound to happen eventually.

It seems that while they were at the soccer playoffs, and AJ was asked if he wanted to play baseball this season. Sure. Why not? A game today? Sure. Bring it on.

One of the things I don't like about baseball is that the games are so freaking long. I just don't have the attention span. And my complaints seemed warranted when the boys left a little before 2pm and did not return until 5pm. I began to seriously question this baseball decision. Was every game going to last 3 hours? There are 2 games a week!

When Shawn walked in the door after the game, I asked him what had taken them so long. He sighed, shook his head and with the look of a man condemned, replied: "double header".

GO TEAM!!!

Off to practice acting enthusiastic and looking supportive. . .

At least his Grandad will be happy.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! Will they still be playing in February? I was thinking about a trip valentines' weekend!

    ReplyDelete