Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First Day of School


Here is a picture of everyone's first day of school.


AJ is now in the 4th grade. He is in an unusual class that is actually a 4th/5th combo. AJ loves being with the older kids and all the privileges that come with it. Although it did take us a few days to convince him he was not actually in 5th grade.

Charlie started his new daycare as well. He was there on the first day it opened and had a blast. How bad can it be when you have a Scooby Doo lunch box shaped like the Mystery Van? I shed some tears when I had to tell his old daycare we were moving on. But, he is getting excellent care at his new school. And it has the added benefit of being in the neighborhood. I am looking forward to maybe even walking everyone to school, (when it's not 112 out, that is).

It was also my first day teaching art. My first day went well. Even though I did the teaching, I learned a ton. I learned that fifth graders love to express themselves and kindergartners have the attention span of gnats. It was a challenge to switch gears from class to class. But, it is getting better. I am getting more organized and realizing what specific things will make my job easier.



I got home to find these flowers and note from Shawn. I think he was more excited for me then I was. It was pretty cute. However, I am getting pretty sick of a certain Van Halen song.


1 comment:

  1. wow can't believe you guys are already back in school. our vacation is only half way over. we still have 4 weeks. love the first day of school pic!

    ReplyDelete