Sunday, April 21, 2013

Wine Tasting

Last night Shawn and I had gotten invited to a wine tasting downtown. Shawn was really not looking forward to going, because he was looking at it as more of a networking event than anything else. In the end it ended up being a really fun night.

The wine tasting took place on top of the Clarendon Hotel. I had never heard of this hotel, but was pleasantly surprised. It was a small funky place with lots of charm.  The best part was the waterfall wall by the pool, and the rooftop patio. I am such a sucker for a rooftop patio, it is not even funny.  The decor was rustic with square picnic tables, long benches, and views of Phoenix I had never seen before.

We sat with 5 other people and became fast friends. Although we came from all walks of life, we had a ton in common and got along great.

The actual wine tasting was fun too. The hosts were very informative and told us about each wine from Italy in great detail.

I didn't get too many pictures because, frankly I had never met these people and I find that I have to ease people into the fact that I take pictures of everything. (For example, it took a lot of personal control not to take a picture of the gorgeous green olives in the green Fiestaware bowl. The light was perfect.) However, I did sneak some pictures when we first got there of the view from the rooftop.




No comments:

Post a Comment