Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Food

We ate out quite a bit. Although I did not get pictures of everything we ate at some amazing places.

The morning we left, we went to a place called Mother's. It was the cutest restaurant I have ever seen, with tons of country charm. The place is a local favorite and right after we sat down, there was not an empty chair to be found. I did end up buying the cookbook.

At the restaurant attached to the hotel, we had a delicious meal our first night. The dessert I had was a s'more. It was chocolate mousse, on top of a graham cracker crust, with a marshmallow topping. It was delicious, of course.




Our first meal in Portland was at a great place called Higgins. I was determined to order things that I would not normally order. And that explains the reason I got ice cream made from mushrooms. It was delicious. It tasted like maple or brown sugar ice cream.





This was a pizza place that was featured on Rachel Ray's show. It is called Old Town Pizza. I tried to take a picture of the story on the menu, but it didn't come out. The restaurant is built on top of tunnels that were used in the white slave trade 100 years ago. One girl was kidnapped and brought there. She fell into the elevator shaft and apparently has never left. We were told to look out for Nina, as she tends to hang out in the back of the restaurant. We never did see her, though.




This was bar none, the best chocolate croissant I have ever had. Ever. We stopped into a tiny cafe that was no larger than my kitchen. It was so cozy after being out in the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment