Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The HAZMAT Suit Was Actually a Good Idea

The other day in class, there was this weird thumping in the vent above our teacher's desk. It sounded like an animal had gotten stuck in there. One classmate got up on a chair and tried to see in, and discovered a pigeon was trapped in the piping. After a while the thumping stopped, so we assumed the pigeon had gotten out. We assumed wrong.

We walked into our math class today and were met with a horrible smell. The classroom doors were propped open and there was a fan going. The pigeon had died in the ventilation system.

The truly funny part of this whole thing was that our instructor started the class with the following sentence: "The maintenance people have asked me to tell you that they will be setting off a Lysol bomb later, and that you are not to put anything in your mouth since things may get contaminated." I asked her how I was ever going to truly understand the math manipulatives (math teacher speak for toys kids play with to help them understand math) if I couldn't put them in my mouth? Her response was that I had been hanging around 3rd graders too much. Very true.

No comments:

Post a Comment