Saturday, March 20, 2010

Daisy Cupcakes

One of my dearest friends is having her baby shower tomorrow. She has a heart of gold, and is all in all, just simply a good soul. (In fact she is so nice that there were four of us clamoring to host the shower for her.) Shawn is good friends with her husband and Charlie and her son are only about 5 months apart. So our families fit very well together.

She is expecting a girl. AJ is always saying how he wants a sister (not happening) and Charlie is obsessed with babies. (He has to stop by the baby room at school to say good bye each day. And he is gets very distressed if he hears them crying.) So the fact that she is having a girl works out great for me. The boys will now have a baby girl in their lives and I don't actually have to give birth to her.

The theme we picked was daisies. I had a cake in mind that I had done before. I first did this daisy decoration when we lived in NH. And I have been looking for an excuse to use it again. I made one big cake, in what I hoped, was a Tiffany blue. Then I placed the marshmallow and candy daisies all over it.

I decided to use the blue again even though she is having a girl. I just couldn't resist the white, yellow and baby blue combination. And this time I decided to make cupcakes instead. I thought they would be easier to eat for a large crowd.

This is a picture of the more traditional ones I made, but I also found some pink marshmallows (for the petals), so I made some of those too.




Here is another picture of the cupcakes. I ended up making over sixty.

Hopefully I will have some more pictures posted after the actual shower.

2 comments:

  1. If I remember correctly, that daisy cake was a birthday cake for me at one time. Because you are the GREATEST! Love you and miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you would remember! :) It was A LONG time ago. Miss you too.

    ReplyDelete