Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Charlie's First Haircut

So the boys needed haircuts. They really needed haircuts about 3 weeks ago, but hey- life happens.

The plan was to have AJ go first so that Charlie could see that a) getting his haircut would be fun, b) there would be no blood involved and c) he wouldn't die. So, AJ got in the chair and the haircut began. AJ, being the good big brother/role model that he is, plastered the most stupid-ass grin on his face the entire time. I was about to pull out the "Your face is going to freeze like that" line. But bless his heart, he was going to show Charlie that getting a haircut was fun, if it was the last thing he did.

Charlie took the bait and even tried to climb into an empty chair. When it was finally his turn, it actually did not go too badly. The stylist was awesome. She showed him the clippers wouldn't hurt by putting them on his arm, she gave him a lollipop to suck on, she gave him a huge green comb so he could have a "comb fight" with AJ. She even gave him the spray bottle. She quickly regretted this, as she soon looked like she had just stepped out of the shower. I did have to hold him on my lap by the end, but she got the job done.

I apologize for lack of pictures, but I forgot my camera. I will post some of the new dos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment