Sunday, December 6, 2009

2009 Tree


What a difference a year makes.

This year, without really even talking about it, AJ and I chose to decorate with very few ornaments. We only used clear class balls, the handmade needlepoint ornaments that my mom has made, red present boxes, and the hand blown glass ornaments I have started collecting. I think it it turned out great. (Even though we are still missing the star.)

I started buying myself 2 ornaments each year from a store called Artful Home (artfulhome.com) . They are a guild of artists, and there stuff is pretty amazing. It is horribly expensive, but amazing. Every year, they have a collection of handblown glass ornaments. The prices for these are a bit more reasonable. My dream is to have enough of them that when the kids are grown and gone I will have a tree completely dedicated to these ornaments alone.

Hand blown glass has always held a special place in my heart. It probably has a lot to do with spending time in Queechee Vt, near the Simon Pearce studio and store. Just the way it reflects the light makes my heart flutter. Yeah, I'm a geek. Tell me something I don't know. But it is so natural, yet sophisticated. And that is hard to pull off.

So my 2 ornaments arrived Friday. I bought "Twinkle Star" and "Blue New Mexico". And as far as I am concerned, the holiday season can now begin.





No comments:

Post a Comment