Thursday, September 15, 2011

He Does Love His Blankets




I've talked about Charlie's waffle weave blanket obsession before. I thought I was the smartest parent in the world when I bought 6 of them, in all different colors, and deliberately rotated them in and out of use. I figured this way, he wouldn't get attached to just one blanket, (that we would then drop in a store parking lot and never see again). Also, I figured that having multiple blankets would allow me to wash them without him really noticing.

Smart? Not so much. Now he is obsessed with all of them, not just one. And if given his way, he carries them all around in a giant ball, complaining how heavy they are, the whole time. I am able to wash them. But even that aspect has not quite gone according to my plan. As I was picking him up from school today, his teacher informed me that he recently told her that he prefers his blankets "stinky", and does not like it when I wash them. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment