Saturday, May 14, 2011

An Exercise in Futility

I know I live in AZ. I know that very shortly it will be over a 100 degrees here. I know, I know. But I really, really wanted a vegetable garden. So, allow me to dream. I put them by the wall, so that they would be out of the hot sun for a good portion of the day. We are planting, beans, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, zucchini, chives and the basil and parsley that were already there. I have another Earthbox on the way for the stuff I couldn't fit in this one. And I also got one of those strawberry containers too.

I know the tags say "full sun" for many of these vegetables. I am guessing, they were not talking about AZ full sun when those tags were written. But despite the odds against us, we are trying anyway.

Charlie and I had fun going and picking out the vegetables. And we had fun planting them. He even got his own little Elmo gardening kit to help.

So keep your fingers crossed. Not only will it be ultra hot here, but I have no idea what I am doing. What could possibly go wrong?





No comments:

Post a Comment