Friday, February 11, 2011

Germs: 1 Heather: 0

After surviving my first month of school, the germs have finally gotten to me, and I am down with strep. Honestly, I am surprised it took this long. I have been trying to fight off a cold for a week and the sore throat would just not go away. So I have taken a much needed break to let the antibiotics work and get back on my feet. As Shawn pointed out, (not in so many words) I will never get to use my Master's degree if I am dead.

AJ is also sick with a bad cough. I am thinking of stealing his medicine. I am sure the pink stuff tastes better than the horse pills I have to take. Being an adult stinks sometimes.

I have started my second rotation this week. I am working in a 3rd grade. The class is fun and I really like my mentor teacher. However, with all the sniffling, coughing and sneezing going on with 35 students in an enclosed space, I am thinking about wearing a hazmat suit. Do you think that will prevent me from building a connection with the students?

No comments:

Post a Comment