Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Day The Earth Did Not Stand Still

I was minding my own business, taking a nap when suddenly I woke up to the bed vibrating. I figured it was Zeena, the cat, who has a habit of getting under beds and building nests in the lining of the bed frame. So, I started yelling at Zeena. She was not there.

Then I hear AJ run to his dad and ask if he felt the shaking too. So I figured we were dealing with an earthquake. I wondered if California had finally fallen into the ocean.

Luckily, it hasn't. Yet. But there was a 6.9 magnitude earthquake in Baja California, Mexico. The strange thing is that some of my friends who live in our neighborhood did not feel a thing.

I have to say, it was very unsettling feeling the earth move underneath you. I cannot imagine what it must be like for the people who are in the midst of it. Shawn and I have been dizzy ever since.

I still have not seen a news story yet. Hopefully everyone is ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment