Friday, April 3, 2009

Car Guy

I never really understood guys that were totally into their cars. I have never been in a relationship with a guy like that. I have never even dated one.  And when I was dating, the guys with the shiny sports cars made me run in the opposite direction- quickly. In my most honest moments, I am sure it has something to do with fearing the guy would be more into his car than into me.  And from what I know about car guys, that was a valid fear. 

I guess I get it on an intellectual level. But I still don't see the fascination. All that washing, waxing, buffing, and detailing,. Taking the time to put on the fancy hubcaps and spoilers. It just seems a little pointless to me when any car that runs will get you to the grocery store. Of course I have just spent the last 4 years of my life getting a degree so that I can make rooms pretty. So who am I to judge? 

But, I had do a double take today when I was walking by the reserved (and covered) doctor's parking today at Charlie's appointment.  And then I laughed and rolled my eyes.  I had just witnessed a new level of car guy-ness.

The car was a black and looked expensive. Even I could tell that. And its overprotective owner had place a large fake owl on the roof to scare away the birds.  It seemed to be working. The car was spotless. 'Cause who wants to do all that washing, waxing, buffing and detailing?

2 comments:

  1. HA! Would have loved to see the picture of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, that's funny. our neighbor is big into his car- washes and details it twice a weeks. Marc and I laugh every time. I know they would be HORRIFIED if they saw the inside of my 8yr old minivan with 120K miles on it.

    ReplyDelete