Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Paging Dr. AJ

I was holding Charlie last night when he decided to go into full tantrum mode, thus head-butting me really hard on the right side of my head. It hurt. A lot. My right ear stung for about 10 minutes. Yes, Charlie was fine. But this story is about me. So lets try to focus, shall we?

Like I said, it hurt. And I sort of yelped in pain and held my head trying not to swear (too much). A few minutes later I was changing Charlie's diaper (because it was obviously time for him to go to bed), when AJ came up to me and we had the following exchange:

AJ: How is your ear, Mom?
Me: It's ok. It still hurts.
AJ: Well while you guys (meaning Shawn and I) were out that night (in South Carolina), Grandad and I went over some medical procedures. So, I would like to take a look at your ear.
Me: (Trying really hard to keep a straight face) Ok, that would be great

I go downstairs after putting Charlie to bed and walk into the kitchen. AJ jumps up on a chair so he can look at my ear. He pokes it. He prods it. And after a thorough exam tells me that it will be red for a few days, but it will feel better soon.

Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment